Saturday, September 22, 2007

BB (151-171, 80-84)

The idea of criticism is rather frightening. I know that I’m usually afraid to let anyone else read my work. I have this immense fear that they’re going to say that I’m the worst writer they’ve ever seen and that I shouldn’t even consider picking up a pen again. I know it’s dumb to think that but I do nonetheless. I can totally relate to that section in the reading. I’ll definitely be scared to get my rough draft back from everyone who reads it. It’ll be completely covered in comments and cross-outs. I’m not looking forward to that moment.

I can also relate to the concept of false starts. I always have this concrete idea of what exactly I’m writing about but then by the end of it I have some completely unexpected result. I don’t think that’s a bad thing but it’s sometimes rather surprising to see how you really had no idea what you were going to end up with.

No comments: