Sunday, September 9, 2007

BB (33-43)

"School Lunches"

I never really thought about it, but back in the public school days, the contents of your sandwich really did say something about you and your parents. Everyone around you would make unspoken judgments based solely on what your sandwich was made of. Anything other than plain old Wonderbread registered on the "weird factor," at least when it came to the outer shell of your sandwich. Luckily those types of judgments are no longer made; at least I believe they're no longer being made. I honestly hope that adults have risen above that level.

"Polaroids"

You never know where your writing may take you. That's the lesson of this chapter and I love it. Your thoughts and ideas will take shape as you go along. Don't stress over your final destination. You should just go with flow and see what happens. It's as simple as that; man, do I love simplicity!

No comments: