Sunday, October 28, 2007

BB "Radio Station, Jealousy, & Writer's Block"

I found the chapter about KFKD really helpful. I tend to fall prey to the voices in my head, especially the negative ones. It really can kill your self-esteem if you let that happen to often. I always try to shout out those voices but it truly is easier said than done. I do plan to try her technique about following your breathing though. Hopefully it will be of some use to me.

I could relate to the section on jealousy as well. Although it doesn't really apply all that much to this class, her tips are useful for life in general. That's what I love about this book; its main focus is on writing but she gives you all of this advice about life at the same time. I'm trying to take all of her messages to heart.

I liked the chapter on writer's block the most. The best advice that she gives is "to live as if I am dying." I think that is definitely one of the best ways to go through life. Viewing your life like that gives you the opportunity to truly appreciate everything and everyone around you. You really come to value everything that life has to offer. I really wish that I could put this idea into practice; I always seem to get too caught up in the small, pointless things of life.

No comments: